Thursday, April 28, 2011

None Nuns and my own delusional little dream setlist

Finally good news: Cher is going to be focusing on her upcoming album as well as her tour (tourdates will be announced in November 2011) and not on a new movie role. She has declined the offer to play the superior nun in the new Farrelly Brothers movie about the comedy trio The 3 Stooges.
She's also been twittering, asking her fans to help her with a new setlist. It's just amazing to think that after 7 years she's going to tour again. Now personally I can only pray that she comes to Europe because my student exchange year ends in the beginning of July and then I'll have to wait for her to come to Europe, Germany in particular. Personally my dream would be a tour like the Heart of Stone tour in 1989/1990. Less elaborate costumes, a little more singing and the whole show geared towards rock rather than exotic dancers and Bob Mackie costumes. I mean don't get me wrong, those costumes are great, but comparing the Farewell Tour DVD and the Cher Extravaganza - Live at the Mirage one just makes me wish I was born ten years earlier. Just watch this video:

One of my favorite songs that she's performed live so far.

Of course Believe is nice but aren't her real hardcore fans slowly getting a little sick of having a Cher - Greatest Hits for the 4 time in two decades? I'd wish she'd do something new.

Why not pick her Black Rose time back up? Belting out rock songs containing the f-word. I mean that's how I love Cher. Being a member of the biggest German forum of Cher, I read that some people would like her to get rid of all the 'old stuff' and the 'boring Sonny and Cher crap'. Personally that would kill it for me. I own her last albums, Living Proof, Believe, It's a man's world and I've downloaded Not.com.mercial as well as Love Hurts but especially the first 3 albums are a nightmare. Aside from Believe, Walking in Memphis and Song for the lonely I can't listen to them.

For me the best Playlist would be a mix out of classic rock songs and Cher songs. Maybe even a little goodies for her fans? Something like Dangerous Times, Working Girl or Soft Feathers and War Paint would just be fantastic live. I know I'm dreaming and the setlist is gonna read like a Cher-Greatest Hits CD but hey if it would be up to me her setlist would be:

1. You haven't seen the last of me
2. I found someone
3. All I really wanna do
4. We all sleep alone
5. Song for the lonely
6. Old Time Rock'n'roll
7. If I could turn back time
8. Taking it to the Streets
9. Half Breed
10. Sunny
11. Dangerous Times
12. Working Girl
13. Jailhouse Rock
14. Walking in Memphis
15. Do you believe in magic?
16. Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
17. War Paint and Soft feathers
18. Take me home
19. Outrageous
20. Hell on wheels
21. Will you still love me tomorrow?
22. Believe

Okay somewhere I really wanted to put Ringo I love you, but seriously I'm not delusional, she'd never play that. But it's a dream but still I like those songs. It's not very realistic, but at least youtubes there and lets me watch all those videos.

I'm going to try to stay awake for the royal wedding now.

Love and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment