Monday, April 25, 2011

Three Stooges and a new tour


So for a long time I've avoided the subject and with an upcoming tour I hope that this is just a joke gone wrong but Cher is supposed to star in the Three Stooges movie, directed by the Farrelly brothers - the guys that already directed Cher in Stuck on you. Personally I'm not too fond of them. Stuck on you might be the only movie I was never able to finish despite the fact that two of my favorite actresses(Meryl Streep & Cher) were in it. It's pathetic and stupid in my eyes and it's even painful to fastfoward to the Cher scenes alone. The appeal of that kind of comedy just passed me.

The reason I bring this topic up is that two elderly men in the bus today were discussing a movie that the Stooges made a cameo appearance in. They seemed like the
three Stooges were the hottest act ever. While I admit that they have to be respected for their endurance in a cut-throat business like show-business I don't quite find them funny either. It's just not something I'd like to watch, however I'm sure there are people out there that would watch it, the same people that are actually able to sit through a whole Chaplin movie. Or Laurence and Hardy. But one thing I just can't believe is Cher - leather clad, swearing, dating 20 years her junior Cher - playing a nun. To quote Blanche Deveraux, 'Nun the word says it, none.' Personally I can't imagine Cher actually doing that, at least if she wants to keep her credibility - or what's left of it anyway.


I hope that her new Tour that she twittered about will be x-ing those plans. According to Cher's official twitter - which she has been updating herself while lying in her bed, like we all know - she's going on tour in November 2012. Fine that's a long time, but it's better than no Cher at all. I can't even believe my luck, to be able to see Cher in concert. One question though, how does she want to top her Farewell tour? Or her Vegas show?
I wouldn't know, but if anyone can do it it's our favorite chicka with 9 lives. Exact Tour dates will be released by early 2012 according to Cher herself so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Oh and just on an unrelated note, I made some icons, take them if you want but credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment